Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contactless/NFC Cashpoints ATM's

Options
  • 30-04-2023 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I have been trying to get away from carrying a wallet for the last few months. All that was in there were debit cards that are already on my phone.

The only thing I needed the physical card for was withdrawing cash, as cashback is not always available.

Do ye folks know, do we have any Contactless/NFC enabled Cashpoints/ATM's in Ireland, specifically Cork.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

And what is the strategy if for some reason your phone does not work? I always carry at least one card so I don't end up messing up my trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JimmyTee

Their is no strategy really if the phone did not work other than I have a note in my phone case.

As regards being on a trip, No I would not just rely on only my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,158 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

If your bank allows cardless withdraws (not all do), then Euronet ATM's might be an option, they allow cardless withdrawal on some of their machines.

Euronet in Ireland should also not charge you if you use an Irish Debit card, however if it's foreign card you might get hit with a fee.

Advertisement