Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History MA by research part-time?

Options
  • 29-04-2023 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Hi all the Part-time options seem to be 'taught' . Does anyone know if it can be done part-time by research anywhere? Thanks 🙂

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I could not find any online/distance ones in Ireland and had to pursue an MA (taught) from a UK University. The course itself is interesing and it is about 2/3 course work and 1/3 thesis research.

Some of the Univesities that offered these courses were:

Birmingham

Wolverhampton

Leeds

University of Wales/St. David.

While the fees can be a bit steep, if you are applying from Ireland you will get Home Country rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Sussex18

Thanks

I'm a Family Carer as well with an Elderly mother. Presumably the workload is extremely heavy, even part-time, I'm just not sure about my ability to do both?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I had been in a very similar situation to yours. I spent from 15 to 20 hours per week on the course and found that enough time to read the material and contribute to the weekly forum discussions.

Advertisement