Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Waters - "This is not a Drill" Live from Prague broadcasted in Irish cinemas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Layne

Looks really good. Would love to go but surprised to see that its not being shown in any cinema in Cork or Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Aladdin Sane

Looking forward to this. Seen both shows in Madison Square Garden last year and I’m also travelling to Birmingham and Manchester.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭seanin4711

seen the wall in aviva years ago,gold seating - amazeballs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Going to London to see him in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Very enjoyable evening. He gave a shout out to the cinema crowd. First time at a live cinema concert. This could catch on, okay not the same as an actual concert but because it's live like a sporting event, it was very impressive. This was at cine world Dublin.

• Advertisement

How long was the show Mike?

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Hi fin,

It started at 8 and was over at 11. There was a 20 min intermission. Enjoy it next month in London. It's best to go there not knowing anything /set list etc about it to get the full experience.

Loved it, different pace ,more folky, as to the Wall live(previous gig i attended) with new group of virtuoso musicians as normal. 

I got into Roger waters en route to college sharing mix tapes. Radio Kaos was the one that got me hooked.

Amused to Death is another fantastic album.

This gig was a trip down memory lane from start of PF (sheep awesome)right through to his latest releases.

Far too often i skipped over the PF music(found it ok,but preferred Rogers edge) but found 70s PF music amped up this time round.

Loved the music first and then agreed with his viewpoint on life.

He is 100% correct in calling out BS where he sees it-If not him who else will?

Good on Ya Roger,keep on trucking- Not bad for a man of 79!

I went with my 14yo daughter and she found it great! job done!

totally agree with this i purposely ignored checking setlist and absorbed the show,Class stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭fafy

It was ‘t on in a cinema near me. I like Waters a lot, like they way he just says what he thinks, doesent give a toss, and the gigs are pretty good.

https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/exclusive-berlin-police-launch-criminal-investigation-into-roger-waters/

He had to win a court case recently, to have his upcoming gig in Frankfurt, the zionists, are out in force. The thing is, he’s been doing this kind of show, for decades.

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2023/apr/25/roger-waters-pink-floyd-wins-legal-battle-to-gig-in-frankfurt-amid-antisemitism-row

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,914 ✭✭✭furiousox

Going to see him in Glasgow next weekend, I'm deliberately avoiding youtube etc so no idea what to expect.

CPL 593H

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,594 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This was not a Drill in Glasgow last night

Birmingham, 31st May 2023.

This was the third show of the "This is not a drill" tour for me. Manchester this weekend will be the fourth.

Good pics folks. I'm going tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

went to the barcelona show back in march.

incredible.

it took a few days to recover from it - the theme/message is quite heavy and not for the faint hearted.

in Rodge we trust! Gwan da rodge!

Enjoyable show in London last week. We met more International fans there than UK people. Canada, Portugal, Norway, Germany, Holland.

Manchester 10/6/23.

Advertisement