Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech sensors

Options
  • 28-04-2023 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi I'm in the process of getting new windows installed and am putting back up old sensors and matching exactly what was there previous but keep getting open zone.

There is an inertia sensor and contacts beside them. When removing i noticed there were wires coming out of sensors and in frame but none of the contacts were wired in or connected to anything. The only thing connected was the inertia sensor and the arrow is pointing towards ceiling etc.

The inertia sensors have 2 wires green and white and i have followed the same .

The fact the 2 contacts were not wired does this mean they are inactive?

could i dish the inertia sensors and just wire the sensors instead or do i need to do something at panel .

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭10-10-20

If the contact sensor was removed off the zone then the wires to that contact would need to have been twisted/joined so that the circuit is completed.

Do you see twisted wires, or is it just a bundle of twists?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭scholes

Hi Thanks for reply. no u say it they were twisted but not connected .?

Hi , hope this helps You can see that the contacts weren't connected.

Would it be possible to just wire up the connections to the 2 wires that were connected to the inertia sensor and just use the contacts ?

I tried this on the three windows but still have open zones. ? Is there something that needs to be done from the panel?

Thanks

I'm not 100% sure to be honest. I think that there is a tamper, contact and inertia zone on separate wires (6 in total) coming into and going back out of each box. If you can work out which pair is which, then on the contact zone you could try temporally joining up both of those wires at each wiring point on the window one at a time (or preferably testing with a multimeter), then you might be able to identify where the open contact is.

Hopefully somebody will be on shortly who knows!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

Take the green and white out of the shock and twist together.

Do the same with other sensors on that loop.

Does it close the zone on the panel?

Sorry Altor, only seeing your post now. Just been hectic the last few days . I will try that in a day or two and let u know. Really appreciate your help

Hi Altor tried that and still says there is an open zone upstairs closed the loop in them all. Unless window guy drilled through a wire :(

I just noticed that it looks like the original wiring was run through the window frames rather than being externally attached. If that's so then there is a good chance that the wires were broken during the install as they tend to get stuck in the frame on removal and get crimped against the wall/reveal. I can't say that I necessarily blame the window installer if that's so as it can be a pig of a job to work around wiring like that. :(

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill, yes that looks like the case. All the sensors are disconnected upstairs and i have closed the loop on them all and still showing open zone. they are all on the same zone "04 upstairs". If I go into engineer mode and set 04 as unused I can set the alarm , so I am able to set downstairs so at least that is something. On the off chance is there any way to tell which one is broken or exclude that particular one? Thanks again

Advertisement