Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any new Fox Meadow residents on this board?

Options
  • 27-04-2023 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello! We have signed contracts, and are eagerly awaiting our house completion within Fox Meadow - desperately hoping to beat the next mortgage rate increase. Our family is excited for an A2 rated house after years in our small F-rated terrace :)

I would love to connect with any residents who have already moved in or are about to move into Fox Meadow, as we have questions around services (post delivery, internet, electric bills, bin collection, recommended snagging companies, etc), which the builders aren't really able to answer in as much detail as we would like - and we of course want them to stay busy actually building the house).

Feel free to answer on this thread or pm me with any tips you are willing to share.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

Hi. Not a resident of Foxmeadows but I have been over there checking them out. Hard to answer questions like electric bills as it depends on your own usage within the house (things like how many times a day do you boil a kettle) The heat pump system in these A2 rated houses will only kick in when the temperature drops below the tresholds you have set on the console for your given floor, so you have some control over how much this will actually turn on. The estate should be well set up for post delivery and internet. I would have a look and see how the builder wired your house for network cables. Are you able to check if they have put in any blank plates on the walls or maybe they have already installed ethernet connections.

I can send you a snagger that I have used on our new build (Not Fox Meadows, across town) over PM if you want. Bin collection will be Panda bins, dohenys or greenstar as they cover the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nessys

Hi, appreciate the thoughts, and yes I'll gladly pm for the snagger.

We were curious if bin collection is working. We have an eircode, but it's not registered on google maps yet for example, so wondering if anyone had success contracting collection yet. Similarly, we know the builder is installing the ducting for the fibre and have heard rumours there may be NBI running fibre -perhaps even in the estate - , but aren't sure if anyone actually has fibre internet yet. It sounds like the builder may not arrange for FTTH, but that it's the individual resident's task to arrange for that for their house? But we may have misunderstood...

Also, curious about the electric meters (assuming smart meters?) being installed and that kind of stuff.

The internet is our big question, as we both work from home and need to try to get that sorted quickly - hotspotting over 4G for a few months is not something our employers will likely tolerate.

We owned a home previously, but it was an 80 year old F rated terrace, so we suddenly find ourselves with a bunch of questions and are afraid we are driving the builders crazy - we don't want them to start ignoring our calls 🤣

We may need to try to talk to a few new residents in person, just figured this may be easier and a little less creepy than walking (stalking?) around the estate 🤣

Cheers and I'll be in touch for the snagger recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ReddererMist

Hi there,

hope you are settling into Fox Meadows. I’m looking at a house in the development and would love some feedback on your experience so far.

thanks a mill!

Advertisement