Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viewranger - what happened to my OSI maps?

Options
  • 27-04-2023 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64,777 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry folks, probably asked before but I can't find it. It's been a couple of years since I had last gone on a hike where I needed maps but when I did, not only had my Viewranger app disappeared (I kinda knew that - it was replaced with Outdoor Active), but I also found that the OSI maps I had previously purchased are not in there and don't seem to be downloadable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,777 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Found the OSI Maps under Map -> click on the bottom right icon. All OSI maps seem there for the whole of Ireland, even though I only purchased a limited number of tiles. The resolution seems poor though or is it the same as the original ones, as in 1:50000?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

ViewRanger is still usable if you download and install the APK. It seems though that they've recently killed the ability to download your previously purchased maps from their server so you'll have to have had them backed up elsewhere and pop them back into the appropriate folder to get it working again.

While Outdoor Active is growing on me, I still find it dead useful having all my maps stored locally and not have to be relying on a usable data connection in the hills.

The same applies with regards to the EastWest app versus Hiiker.

Advertisement