Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to become a Play Therapist?

Options
  • 27-04-2023 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I want to change careers and am considering becoming a Play Therapy. I’ve always enjoyed playing with children and people often say I have a way with them. I find they open up to me quickly during play, then tell me what’s going on in their lives. I enjoy it. 

I’m interested in personal development, meditation and counseling. Id like to use the skills I’ve learned to help others. Becoming a play therapist for children seems ideal for me.

I checked online and it seems you have a relevant undergrad degree then get a masters. Is that correct? I have a BA degree in Arts. 

Has anyone become a play therapist after switching careers? How did you do it?

Are there other fields that are similar that I could work in while training to become a play therapist?

I’d love to hear from people in the sector.

Advertisement