Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Z CAR M - Introduction

Options
  • 26-04-2023 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi all,

I thought it was about time I did a little promo for myself here on Boards.ie.

Please let me introduce myself first. My name is Berny, German and a musician (Keyboards, Electric and acoustic guitar, vocals) since a long long time. Father was a professional Hungarian Symphony musician, playing the viola. Enjoyed (lol) a 2 years classical piano training in age of 14.

Artist name is Z CAR M. Has nothing to do with cars at all, its just my surname written backwards and M stands for music.

The name Z CAR M (Registered business name under Business Name Act, 1963 Ireland – exists since 1980.

Music Style: It's a kind of 80th Retro Pop, Brit. Pop, Independent, Stranglers like music (without copying them, but influenced), Easy Listening, Love Songs, Ballads, plenty of instrumental tracks (most of them I find useful for synching with movies or trailers), many Electro and industrial tracks. Once someone called my music "Surreal Dark Wave". What ever that means, lol.

But now, here a small bio:

All About Z CAR M’s History 1980 – 1983 – (And after…)

Z CAR M was a 3 head punk, new wave band formed by myself 1980 in Kaiserslautern Germany. The members were Karl-Heinz (Kalle) Huth, vocals, Frank Racz (Berny’s brother), drums and Berny A. Racz, vocals and keyboards. They had lots of great concerts beginning the 1980th.

The band split in 1983 as of different life styles. Until today there are still original audio tapes available from rehearsals and live concerts. Afterwards I joined several different groups and had live gig with them, but all split up as well later on.

In 1986 I moved to Munich and started recording originals on a Fostex 4-Channel multitracker recorder, song after song. I recently created a YouTube playlist about all my 80th songs and many, tbh, are in horrific and miserable quality LOL.

Moving to Berlin for 10 years in 1992.

November 1999 I produced 6 songs together with my friend Robert C. Drilon (a brilliant singer) in the Philippines.

In 2003 Berny and his wife moved to Ireland where he continued to produce loads of new material.

In December 2004 a Z CAR M Song “Charisma Of Love” was published via Matchbox Recordings UK, via CDBaby and Tower Records on a Compilation CD called”Playtime”.

In Ireland I have been with a band for some month, but without any gigs.

Once I joined a talent contest, via my ex employer (well know online bank) and many other artists. All was recorded with live TV cameras, it was a very professional show. Never got a DVD of it, better it is, as my performance alone on stage with guitar & keyboards was really bad, LOL, including tech issues.

Z CAR M produced (including demo tracks) more than 330 songs in many different genres. All of my songs are registered with the Irish Music Rights Organisation.

I have done many collaborations with German musicians and plenty with Philippine vocalists who sang of several of my songs. Several month ago I worked out some tracks together with my Philippine friend and doing several collaborations with him (Bassist of the Band "Abyss", Cebu, Philippines).

Besides my YouTube Z CAR M Music playlist which included plenty of video clips, on Spotify you currently can find 9 albums (with each mostly has 15 songs on it). Working on my 10 album at the moment.

Well, thats it. I only like to mention, I don't make music to please others. Each song has its own personal meaning to me and that's my own personal meaning that I give to myself and not to others. Music tastes are relative. In this respect, a style of music cannot please everyone equally. Although I welcome constructive criticism, which I learned a lot from beforehand but on the other hand I do what I want to do. Quality or song arrangement is another story.

I like weird, strange sounding tracks, so I am not into mainstream at all. And the below is one of those odd sounding tracks. But keep in mind, I also produced sweet and lovely and fairy tale sounding tracks. 😀

Therefore, I would like to share just one video clip at the moment, which I personally find the most scary track I've ever produced (the video also plays its part of course.

Please do not hesitate to check his full Bio and the History of “Z CAR M”

Will share some more music video clips in the future !

Thank you for your time and I hope I did not bore you to death. Would be great if you would visit my Spotify account and also my YouTube channel Z CAR M (which is all over the place to find)

God Bless

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Z CAR M

Z CAR M - Rough Tones - Instrumental Rock track finished 16. July 2022.

Newest Z CAR M Ft. Paul Vincent Camoro - Dive Into My Party - Produced in collab with my friend and musician Paul Vincent Camoro (Cebu, Philippines)

Z CAR M - Serenade 5 - Beyond The Sounds - Another music genre of Z CAR M - My second last produced (instrumental) track. All video footage taken by myself in the Philippines end 90th and last year November in my wifes hometown.

Hello friends, From old make new - This track has been produced in 2005. Remastered 17.03.2023.

This track will appear on my 10th Z CAR M album soon ! Thanks for listening ! 😎

Produced December 29. 2022 I finished another instrumental electro Z CAR M Track called "Project SCC 22".

This song has been produced in San Carlos City, Neg. Occ. Philippines and finished in Ireland.

The video source is from https://archive.org/details/lotinsodo... and FREE to use. So, NO copyright infringements.

I thought, this clip would fit very well to my surreal dark wave tunes.

About the video footage itself:

Title: Sexploitation Classic Vintage Movie Lot In Sodom (1933) - (Wow, they were their time pretty much Avant-garde ahead with that video from my point of view) - Lot in Sodom is a sensual depiction of the Sodom and Gomorrah story filled with sinewy and semi-clad bodies, delirious bacchanals devoted to physical pleasure, and a searing, cataclysmic finale depicting the fall of a city devoted to sins of the flesh

Recently one Philippine guy commented "Sado Maso Promo"- LOL - - - Well, if guys like that dont know anything about ART, didnt read my video description at all, then just leave, scroll away and let me alone - For my personal opinion the scenes are great and experimental for the 1930th and nothing to worry at all. But YOU decide....

• Advertisement

Z CAR M Cover - Can't You Hear Me Knocking - Feat. Paul Vincent Camoro (Cebu, Philippines)

The guitar riffs from Keith were hard to practice tbh, LOL.

This is cover version by Z CAR M of the Rolling Stones song "Can't You Hear Me Knocking".

My friend Paul Vincent Camoro (Cebu, Philippines) was so kind to contribute his vocals to this track.

Arranged and produced by ZCAR M (Berny A. Racz - All Super 8 footage by: Z CAR M (Berny A. Racz) - All other footage copyright free to use !

Advertisement