Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland and the cost of tourism

Options
  • 26-04-2023 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hi,

I’m part of a group of 4 lads from Cork looking to head away for a Saturday night in July this year; dinner & pints.

Using lastminute.ie & booking.ie (seem to be the same thing) I looked for accomodation in Dublin; it’s currently working out at more than €500/person for accomodation alone in the city.

A similar search for London gets return flights to London & a 4-star hotel for one night for €270/person. I’ve lived in London, I wouldn’t say it’s much more expensive than Dublin.

With respect to the well-regarded Irish tourism industry, how the hell can they justify nearly €600 a night (per person!) for a 4-star hotel in Dublin?!

Comments

Advertisement