Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AliExpress

Options
  • 31-07-2022 1:40pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭

All things Aliexpress

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭SW98

Just wondering about buying from aliexpress. I have read mixed reviews about it, some saying it's great and others saying the complete opposite. I have never bought from it but I am thinking about buying some cheap stuff from it. As there is no option to use paypal to pay you have to use a credit card. If I use a credit card is it safe. For example I buy something for €5 with free postage. All that should be taken from my credit card is €5, but could anymore be taken that shouldn't be taken. Basically is using a credit/debit card safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭RodVelvet

I've bought from Aliexpress a good few times. Twice the items didn't turn up and I was refunded without any issues. Keep an eye on feedback of the seller but I've found it less hassle than ebay if something goes amiss. You need to confirm delivery in order for the seller to get paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i buy off aliexpress regularly
    brilliant service , pro-tip stick anything in your basket you might buy and they alert you when it gets cheaper
    dh gate is bad btw stay away

so is it safe enough to give your credit card details to them to pay for things??? also roughly how long does post to ireland take if you use the free china post. what feedback score should you be looking at before buying from a seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭vandriver

You are not buying from AliExpress,but one of the tens of thousands of vendors on the site.AliExpress hold your cash until you confirm delivery and then pay the vendor .I have found about 5 weeks for China post.If your order coincides with Chinese New Year though,expect a longer delay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Singapore and hong kong post are about 2-3x faster than China post so choose carefully. Usually you will find the same item from countless sellers, the cheapest priced will usually use China post but another few cent will get you much faster delivery.

Yes its safe to give your credit card. Aliexpress are part of alibaba group which is a massive company, even bigger than amazon/ebay.

When you search for something try sorting by "Seller Rating" or "Orders".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Old thread but...can anyone tell me what's a reasonable feedback score on aliexpress?...I'm looking at buying a laptop motherboard and the seller has 1700 feedback. I also see one on Alibaba - has anyone any experience buying from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭HeeBeeGeeBee

Hi guys,

Just wondering if any of you have ever used Aliexpress and if so did you find them trustworthy sellers?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I've never had an issue with sellers, make sure you study the feedback.

You pay and the seller gets paid when you confirm the goods have arrived.

The main thing to remember is these goods may not be deemed suitable or safe for import into Ireland. I have seen loads of unsafe kids toys, clothes etc, with very long cords, loosely sewn buttons etc. So be careful if you are pasing these items on to someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Just a follow up question to the OPs. Has anyone bought replica nike runners off aliexpress. I've seen some nice colours of Nike Roshes for around 40 so I'm willing to take the gamble. Only thing is, in a lot of the pictures of the shoes there seems to be an extra nike tick beside the original tick on the shoe. Just wondering will that be on the shoe you receive or is it just on the pictures for copyright purposes? I've asked a few sellers but none have replied to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭HeeBeeGeeBee

Duff wrote: »
    Just a follow up question to the OPs. Has anyone bought replica nike runners off aliexpress. I've seen some nice colours of Nike Roshes for around 40 so I'm willing to take the gamble. Only thing is, in a lot of the pictures of the shoes there seems to be an extra nike tick beside the original tick on the shoe. Just wondering will that be on the shoe you receive or is it just on the pictures for copyright purposes? I've asked a few sellers but none have replied to me.
    i

As far as I'm aware they do that in the pictures so they don't get done for counterfeiting but I think it's just a photo shop they do and the runners only have one nike sign though I could be wrong as I've never bought any

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Duff wrote: »

Just have in mind that if they get stopped by customs they will destroy them as they are counterfeit and they are stopping more and more packages over last few months/years, not sure if you will get money back in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Maughan 7

Has anyone ever bought trainers(shoes) off aliexpress because I've been told people have ordered them but never got them and I've wanted to order them??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

Somebody is taking their sweet Chinese time.

Paid for on 9th July, supposedly shipped on 15th July, got shipping number, then, 2 weeks later, got new shipping number, but even though tracking site "en.4px.com" (the only site that did recognise tracking number ) there was no location given until today

and

.....................the

location is ......................

Hong Kong.................still a long way from Kerry

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Ali is good , but

Only would i buy if:

U can't get it in europe
    Or
    Your saving more than 50/60 eur

Try and buy from trusted stores.

I buy cctv stuff, but it's the same stuff ud buy in europe but a fraction of the cost.

Very hard though to buy much else, clothes/watches etc all all look good but will be pathetic in reality.

Small electrics are ok.

I always go for free China post. Takes 2-4 weeks for delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Fia79

im shopping now and then on Aliexpress since about 2 years. Ive bought countless stuff and Im absolutely happy with it but you need to know what you can buy and what not.

first you have to be aware of things will take a long time for the delivery. I buy stuff where I dont mind waiting ages for it.

You have to make sure you check your emails for notifications about the buyer protection running out soon. when that happens, i open a dispute. if the seller can not proof the item is on its way, you get your money refunded. that happened a few times but i always got my money back right away. never any issues.

be aware of that if you would spend for example 70 euro on a new released soccer jersey in ireland and you find it on Aliexpress for 12 euro, it certainly is fake. you get what you pay for. cheap items can be quite cheap quality. but to be honest. thats something we all should know by now. we can not expect top quality for that low prices.

be aware of sizing. clothes are chinese sizes so you have to take clothes about 2 sizes larger than usual, or they will be far too tiney.

you probably see that the exact same item is offered by many sellers for different prices. I dont go for the cheapest. I rather pay a euro more but off a seller who already has good reviews and who has sold many items before. if you buy off a seller who has no ratings it can be a fake seller. it happened to me before. aliexpress froze the order for a few days because of a suspicious seller and closed it. again i got my money back right away.

I personally would not buy any electicals or clother for myself. in general more expensive stuff. I wouldnt trust it. what i buy is more things like scarfs, birthday decorations, some cheap jewlery ....

you should read the full item describtion. they always explain the item, explain sizing etc. i always could trust the describtions so far and like i said i ordered a lot.

it might sounds so complicated but it actually isnt. just read properly and keep an eye on the buyer protection time and nothing can actually happen. at least from my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Fia79

Maughan 7 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever bought trainers(shoes) off aliexpress because I've been told people have ordered them but never got them and I've wanted to order them??

I wouldnt. sizings in china are different and you really should try on shoes before buying. if they dont fit, it will be a disappointment and i think you would have to send them back to your own expenses which must cost a fortune. I rather buy shoes for more money but im sure they fit and you can see the quality.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Anita M.

The items take months to arrive. The buyer protection is only for a few weeks at the sellers discretion. The refund process after a dispute is usually based on the following terms: Send the items back on your own costs with proof that the seller had the item returned. If the seller send you an empty box then good luck you will not get any refund. If you get a different product and the product is heavy, you end up paying more for sending it to China then the cost of the product. You do not get the postage back from the seller.
    The arbitration is based in China and they do not offer much protection for buyers outside China. The arbitrator will ignore any proof you send in.
    The products are mostly fake. not working or totally different from the product ordered. It is better to buy a good product that you can see feel and test in a store in Ireland and pay that little bit more for it. ( P.s. I am not in any way affiliated with a store.)

Anita M. wrote: »
    The items take months to arrive. The buyer protection is only for a few weeks at the sellers discretion. The refund process after a dispute is usually based on the following terms: Send the items back on your own costs with proof that the seller had the item returned. If the seller send you an empty box then good luck you will not get any refund. If you get a different product and the product is heavy, you end up paying more for sending it to China then the cost of the product. You do not get the postage back from the seller.
    The arbitration is based in China and they do not offer much protection for buyers outside China. The arbitrator will ignore any proof you send in.
    The products are mostly fake. not working or totally different from the product ordered. It is better to buy a good product that you can see feel and test in a store in Ireland and pay that little bit more for it. ( P.s. I am not in any way affiliated with a store.)

I don't particularly agree with what you have said. I have ordered a good few small items from aliexpress and the majority of items arrive in around 3-4 weeks, only once have I had an item that took months to arrive, which I got a full refund for because I claimed it as not received, but I then received it a month later. Most times when I get a bad item, I open a dispute and get a full refund without having to returns anything(now that's for small items). Whenever I feel that the buyer protection will run out before I receive the item, I just request for the buyer protection to be increased and the seller will increase it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fAzI

Sound shops offer stuff with better quality like originals. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

I've bought quite a bit of stuff on there and been happy with most of it. There's a lot of fake stuff, I avoid branded goods, probably be disappointed with it if it gets through customs.
    Best things I've bought are Chinese No.1 smartphones, dual sim, unlocked, drop them in the toilet or drive over them and they still work.
    Not content with counterfeiting western brands, the Chinese even make fakes of their own successful brands. Watch out buying powerbanks. Lots of false promises. I've closed a store selling 20000mAh powerbanks that couldn't charge my phone once. The most powerful genuine powerbank Xiaomi make is 16800mAh, You'll find fake ones rated 50000mAh.
    As others have said, watch your messages for your purchase protection period running out, if you haven't received your order raise a dispute before its too late, or they hand over your money.
    I nearly got caught with a fake tracking number and fake tracking website recently. Purchase protection was almost run out but tracking showed goods released from customs to the local sorting office. I raised a dispute and had the protection period extended, and waited. No package, it's not in An Post and Customs haven't seen it.
    Seller has very high feedback, it appears that the seller refunds people that have been caught out, if they leave 5 stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 HarryO

Been buying stuff from aliexpress for a long time and I always use Singapore post registered airmail and buy from around that area, watches for instance take around 8-10 days from a couple of sellers and that includes Sat and Sun. May be $1 or 2 extra but worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭RupertsHabit

i

As far as I'm aware they do that in the pictures so they don't get done for counterfeiting but I think it's just a photo shop they do and the runners only have one nike sign though I could be wrong as I've never bought any

careful with that - our own customs could stop them.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭RupertsHabit

got an android phone through them - took ages alright, but was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭danko82

just a question.

which is the minimun price for what the customs will stop the parcel to pay taxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

Hi guys,

Just wondering if any of you have ever used Aliexpress and if so did you find them trustworthy sellers?

Thanks

Got my stuff, ok, but delivery time was rubbish, the trace said it left Airport but it didn'arrive for three weeks!!

However, the real bugger is the constant nag about feedback afterwards. You have to download their app in order to respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭vandriver

danko82 wrote: »
    just a question.

which is the minimun price for what the customs will stop the parcel to pay taxes?
    About €22

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

BarryM wrote: »
    Got my stuff, ok, but delivery time was rubbish, the trace said it left Airport but it didn'arrive for three weeks!!
    waiting on the item is part of the shopping experience with aliexpress. they ship using the cheapest method available.
    BarryM wrote: »
    However, the real bugger is the constant nag about feedback afterwards. You have to download their app in order to respond.

you can leave feedback on the website. and its a single email per item about leaving feedback. hardly a nag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Anyone ever had any dealings with this? Spotted a jacket on it I'd like to pick up but I've no experience here so i was wondering if anyone had any advice,
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-new-fashion-casual-hip-hop-brand-winter-plus-size-waterproof-3m-reflective-jacket-men-outdoor/32264599907.html this is the jacket im wondering about, any help much appreciated!

Advertisement