Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Knocking sound rear driverside

Options
  • 26-04-2023 8:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

Upon starting my car and moving alone I hear a slight knocking sound from the rear driver side. It's not extreme and not particularly worse on a ramp.

I thought It might be the seat belt hitting off plastic but I've since ruled this out.

I'm ruling out the 4 shocks and 4 springs as I've had all replaced about 2 months ago.

After some driving for say 15mins or more it gets harder to hear it.

Any opinions or suggestions on what this could be?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I love guessing games.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

Go on go on? ......It's from the rear so the variables are a lot less.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Klopp

wheel bearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭blackbox

Drop link.

As this is a guessing game I'm going to eliminate some possibilities.

Is your car a Porsche 911?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Dirty Nails

There's never asylum seekers living in the boot?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭NattyO

Golf ball rolling around in the boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Exhaust heat shield rattling against the exhaust.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Girl Geraldine

Well it's obvious isnt it. It's aliens from another dimension giving messages through the boot. Like Matthew McConaghy in the bookcase in Interstellar.

Most likely some link or anti-roll bar or other suspension component with a worn out bushing.

Second most likely is the exhaust, as said, maybe a loose heat shield rattling, or a broken/missing rubber exhaust suspender causing the exhaust the flail about more than usual.

OP appears to have been abducted...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

The aliens got to the bottom of it.... turns out it was the seat belt re tractor all along.

Advertisement