Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disneyland Paris

Options
  • 25-04-2023 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭

Went to Disneyland Paris back in 2005 with the missus and thinking of going back for a visit this summer with our two kids (13 & 15)

The kids probably wouldn't have much interest in the main Disney park now as they are past the age of Mickey Mouse and co.

Just wondering about the other Walt Disney Studios Park which is more centred on Pixar and Marvel - is it worth a one day trip?

Reading a lot of mixed reviews online about the resort - anyone been there in recent times?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Sarah1916

We were there last year with much younger kids but I would definitely still recommend with your age kids.

If they are into the rides, there are plenty of rides that are only suitable for teenagers and adults that would keep you busy for a few days - these are in both parks.

Some of the shows are also excellent, especially the Lion King - all ages would enjoy that. Plus the drone show and fireworks in the evening!

I would 100% go if I was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭userduluth

planning to go there for 3 nights, what would be best for kids of 10yrs and above to 16 yrs.. Walt Disney Studios Park or main Disney park with ultimate pass?

any idea which resort is good to stay in terms of convenience to rides, breakfast, dinner etc ?

Disney Newport Bay Club, Disney Hotel Cheyenne, Disney Sequoia Lodge(my options)

any suggestions please...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

Would do both parks regardless of anyone's age TBH. Age goes out the window. There are thrill rides or more sedate rides in both parks. Planned properly a full day in each would cover most things with day three for repeat rides or whatever

Newport Bay & Sequoia Lodge would be slightly closer to the park entrance but not by much

You need to walk up through, or around, Disney Village regardless

In our experience the Cheyenne would generally be cheaper than the other two and more spread out

Breakfast, if included, will be pretty much the same regardless of your hotel choice. Plenty of choice for lunch & dinner throughout the parks and the village, including McD's

Newport Bay & Sequoia Lodge both have pools if you want that option

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭Trampas

Was in the Newport 2 weekends ago with younger kids and there’s plenty to do for all ages. If you need all adult tickets I think get 1/2 ultimate tickets and share them between you is what I’ve been told. As we had kids we didn’t do it as cost me a fortune as it had enfant and adult on the tickets. Might look a bit strange turning Mary if you’re a Thomas or other way around. The big one with a delay is the turtle ride in studios. Queue never drops. Also queue times drop a lot late evening and up to the runtime of the fireworks. Look out for single riders. I walked straight onto a ride once because I was on my own.

Disney express was worth the money if arriving by train. In the station. You get your passes and they take your bags and leave them in your room. When leaving you do the opposite. You’d save at least an hour either side.

We just did a day in Paris the day we arrived and stay at airport as much cheaper and only 10 minutes on the train from airport to Disney.

Any questions just ask

Thanks Trampas for the info.. have bit more questions hopefully you can answer at least few 🙂

is it suggestable to book half board or its not needed and can buy there in any restaurant advantages/disadvantages ?

is it suggestable to wait till breakfast is done or just head for the rides (will be taking ultimate for one day)?

apart from turtle ride any other rides which can be targeted first due to queue's?

any vegetarian options with out egg and fish you have noticed in the restaurants?

which park to go first is better as per your experience?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭Trampas

Depends what you want. We did half board and menu was same on both days but if you want to eat in hotel it is. It was soup or goats cheese for starters and pasta for menus for veggie. Other half is a veggie. We went back for dinner and gave kids a break. It’s a hard day for them as fireworks was 11pm and bed for midnight and back up at 7am ish for breakfast and get the shuttle bus down at 8 to get down for the magic hour which opens at 8:30. Go to sides as people go for centre gates. The app has all the times for rides. We spent more time in world than studio but just suited us more. Thunder and space mountain are in world. Studio is more marvel etc and seem less busy but the turtle ride is the big thing there. I’d hit that first on the morning and be done with it. Unless you buy ultimate but we didn’t. Coke was €4 a bottle. Plenty of water fountain around to refill. We use them a lot and had a few bottles. It was baking all day so plenty of water was drank. We spent 3 days in the park and really on last day we hit some rides twice but more based on what was quick to get on.

a good breakfast and we had brought plenty of snack type food for kids to eat when queuing. You can leave park and go to village for lunch if you want. We had lunch one day within park and it wasn’t great. If you drink coffee just give it up for the days there. A jar of Nescafé be better

Thanks Trampas this helped me a lot to get understanding of things there 👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 27,208 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Stay in a hotel in Val d-Europe, close to the train station. Quicker to go one stop on the train than bus from the Disney hotels.

Both parks have something for all ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Rainislove

sorry to bring this up. Can you suggest a hotel? When I tried the travel time from the Val d'Europe station to Disneyland on google map, its showing 2hrs 7mins :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

Definitely not 2 hours from anywhere in Val d'Europe, even if you walked it. There is a free shuttle bus that runs close to the shopping centre and drops you at the bus station, which is beside the parks. If staying close to the train it's one stop away and takes about 10 minutes and they run frequently.

https://parisbytrain.com/paris-rer-a-schedule-stations-interchanges/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,208 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

• Registered Users Posts: 13,086 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

The station at DL is called Marne-la-Vallee - Chessy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,086 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

https://www.ratp.fr/en/itineraires#no-back

RATP journey planner

Advertisement