Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subpeona - How to raise a subpeona in a Small Claims Case, if possible?

Options
  • 25-04-2023 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I would like to subpoena a Garda witness in connection with a Small Claims case for property damage. There is already a hearing date over two months away.

I have no idea how to go about raising a witness subpoena in a small claims case.

I would really appreciate any help on the procedure as I have no idea where to start on that.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

speak to the registrar who is handling the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LegalllyBlonde

I already did, won't tell me as she thinks it falls under the heading of "giving advice". The staff in the court office didn't even know if it was possible, but they seem like recent hires new to this country. Need help from another source, hoping someone o boards could answer what is probably a simple question.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

look at the district Court Rules. They are on Courts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Wouldn’t you be responsible for witness expenses in a civil case?

Advertisement