Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entrances to Kilkenny Castle Grounds

Options
  • 24-04-2023 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, looking for some local knowledge.

Is the entrance to Kilkenny Castle and Gardens at the Parade the only public access? I am getting my wedding photos taken there next week, and with our reception across the Nore in the River Court Hotel, I was hoping there was another exit spot somewhere around the hurlers statue, and thus a short walk to the hotel.

I know its a popular walking location so I assume there are entry and exit points along the trail but am conscience of her wedding dress and the idea of driving the one way system around to the hotel seems crazy.

Post edited by castletownman on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,825 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Pretty sure you can walk over the bridge and down along the river where you will find a few sets of steps up to the castle grounds

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

There is, but I wouldn't ask your (impending) wife to make the walk in her dress - it's narrow, and reasonably rough:

Assuming you're taking the pictures in the Rose Garden, it's be easier to walk from there via the Parade. If it's a nice day it's pleasant enough, and only about 4 or 5 minutes. Enjoy the day!

Advertisement