Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 735i VRT

Options
  • 24-04-2023 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi, I wonder whether anyone might have an approximate figure of VRT which Revenue are likely to look for, on a 2008 BMW 735i ? I have spent the last couple of days trying to find out how much I am likely to get stung for. The only figure that I can find, at the moment, is €1004. But that is based on a different model of 730i.

I can't see what the difference is likely to be between the one listed on the ROS VRT calculator, but the model type is different from the E65 that I am looking at. There is also the E38, but I think that the VRT site only lists an E32 ?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated, as I don't want to find, like a lot of people before me, that ROS come up with a totally off the wall figure.

Parkman6551

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Before you consider VRT, the emissions on that engine must huge. Probably the €1250 or €2400 motor tax rate in that every year. Not sure I could stomach that.

Cui bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 parkman6551

I have a fair appreciation of the road tax, I already run a petrol Range Rover V8, and I had a Mercedes 500 V8 until three months ago, along with an RS 2000. The road tax is not the main reason not to buy a car, for me. I had two Jaguar XJR's at one stage, about 4 years ago, both 4.2 litre, and I only sold them because of the servicing costs.

I am interested in a BMW 735i simply because I like the older ones, and I have never driven a big BMW for any length of time. I had a 325 a good few years ago, but it belonged to my brother and he wanted it back.

Pierre6551

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Generally they reach out to a panel of dealers, or use current adverts, to determine the OMSP of stuff like this. When I imported my Cayman a few years back I was within €200 or so of the final VRT quote just based off the average price of ones which were for sale at the time. Doesn't look like there are any up there for sale at the moment - and the only big engined 7er I can see is an E38 740i - for €8.5k. As a pure guess I'd have it down as €4.5k - which would land you with a bill of €1,800.

Advertisement