Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commercial vehicle in public areas of a private estate

Options
  • 24-04-2023 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,

Hoping somebody can advise on a current dispute.

Parking a commercial vehicle in a private residential estate for 6 years, suddenly it's a problem and of 30 other commercial vehicles the issue appears to be just me.

It was always parked in designated visitor spaces just like 50 other cars and vans in the development, a few weeks back somebody complained so I moved it to a road within the development - which doesn't have gated access, anybody can access it.

The rules specify commercial vehicles can't be parked in parking spaces (as I write this I can see 10 from my window of similar size in specifically marked spots) but to keep the peace I moved to roads within the estate. There are double yellows in some areas, I'm far away from these. I'm not causing any obstructions and am not near any corners.

I've now been told by the management company that I will be clamped. As I got that call a neighbour in a similar commercial van parked so I spoke with him, in 17 years he has never once had a problem reported to him about parking.

For some reason I am being singled out but I would like to know what the situation is if possible. As I've been here for 6 years is that a precedent set, I have photos to prove I was here at various points over the years? As no others are being targetted am I entitled to learn why it's only my van that appears to be a problem?

I'm sure it used to say 'private' over the entrance but just double checked and there are no signs anywhere to say it's a private estate. We don't have gated access, neighbouring estates do but ours doesn't.

I've also just checked the clamping notices which are in some locations of the estate, it states that cars parked in 'common areas' will be clamped, there are 50ish cars in these areas every night and in 6 years here I have seen one car clamped when it was partially on a double yellow.

There is a management company who maintain blocks and green areas, I don't know if they also are responsible for roads.

Any advice welcome.

Post edited by debbiermcd on

Advertisement