Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 33 Transfer Thread

Options
  • 22-04-2023 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,186 ✭✭✭✭

Quick turnaround to the next GW, do I said I might aswell start this.

I had originally booked in a -4 for this week. Switching Kane for Salah which I still intend on doing. Had planned on Maddison out, which I still probably will do l, but the striker spot I am somewhat wavering on.

I was gonna do Isak, and then Alvarez but now I'm tempted by Jota. 4 goals in 2 games is hard to ignore. But then it is a midweek game so risk of rotation.

Will there be widespread rotations overall this midweek I wonder? Surely the teams in European games the last few weeks are more susceptible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

hmm, Jota is tempting, but only option is for me to sell Watkins - which would be really attacking the GW..

else I gotta sell one of Odergaard or Martinelli which is madness i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Was planning to FH in 34 probably 🤔

Tempted by Jesus to Jota but funds are super tight atm

• Registered Users Posts: 32,872 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I don’t think Jota starts on Wednesday, in spite of the great form.

They’re playing again on the Sunday and Wednesday that follow, so 5 games in 16 days would likely be a lot for him, particularly with him having had a muscular injury until not that long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,236 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Have the exact funds for Saka to Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Think I also may have to take a -4 to get Salah in for Kane, but I'd have to lose Odegaard or Grealish. Not sure who would come in up front. I'd need someone below 7m.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement

With Brighton having 3 doubles coming up - one of there mids probably a decent shout

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Newbie20

This is a question I should know the answer to but just making sure in case, I’m playing my wildcard this Gameweek…Can I activate it today and then mess around with transfers as much as I want in the coming days like with the free hit? Presuming yes but just making sure.

Yes, unlimited transfers until deadline. Just make sure you actually do confirm the chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Thanks!

Heres my first draft. Can switch Martinelli to Rashford but then will have no Arsenal, not sure what to do. Want to hang onto Brighton lads because they’ve 3 extra games than Arsenal, and United have 2 extra.

Post edited by Newbie20 on

When I toyed with the idea of Jota I was having the problem you are, which was leading me to sell Watkins as they is no other player you would really drop. I was then thinking with Foden back, will Grealish be guarantee to start both matches in GW34? Further to that, if Arsenal lose against City, will their players be a must have? If you haven't clicked WC - would it be worth waiting till after these games, to see where the title race is at - if Arsenal managed to get a win - then their players would be worth having

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭COH

Kane > Isak would free up funds for anyone > Salah for a -4. Maybe one of the Arsenal mids, but probably Madisson.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Zinchenko -> Dalot

Reed -> Grealish

Saka -> March

-4, but with the 3 transfers in having a DGW coming up, I'm happy with that. Selling Saka was the only way I could get Grealish into the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭mindhorn

On a WC and toying with this. Leaves me with 1.1m ITB. And using BB in GW34.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I was going to buy March this week but not so sure now.

I dunno about Grealish - foden is back now so no guarantee he starts both games.

does Dalot start both? AWB have a really good game today

• Registered Users Posts: 15,186 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Dalot has a better chance of starting, if Shaw continues at CB I would guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Probably bank this week, but need Salah eventually. GW34 I'll probably do Saka>Salah, and Kane> Isak/Jota.

Wondering if it'll be worth a -4 for Chilwell>TAA, or Watkins>Jota/Isak too. Thing is, I have Shaw, Estupinan and Trippier, so prob no need for TAA.

I'm raging I have Shaw now though - United not looking great and he's playing CB. May as well just stick with him now I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Hahaha...

(gulp)

But seriously, no one that plays for City is a guaranteed starter, however Grealish is their most in form player, he should make an appearance in both, and he's always capable of getting points.

As for Dalot, it's a bit of a gamble. But he has low (>5% ownership) so I'm hoping it'll pay off as a differential

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

My midfield 5 is Grealish, Mac Allister, Mitoma, Saka and Odegaard. I want to do the Salah/Kane switch and I don't want to lose the DGW players. That leaves Saka or Odegaard for the chop.

Selling Saka leaves me 8.4m for a Kane replacement. Selling Odegaard leaves me 6.6m (0.1m short of Isak alas).

What do people think of Iheanacho? Got a goal, is on pens, and has Leeds, Everton and Fulham to come. Thinking of him or Solanke if I decide to keep Saka.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have just the right funds to do Maddison/Kane to Salah/Isak for -4 so think I'll pull the trigger on that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Toying with the idea of Kane & Saka to Salah & Isak/ for a -4.

Not sure it's worth it this week. As bad as Spurs are, Kane could easily return against that United defence. I think I'll be putting Saka 1st sub too - starting Rashford, March, MacAllister, Grealish - Watkins, Haaland (C), Kane.

I have Schar and Ake (rotated the GW I got him in), both who I'm planning to start but both flagged.

Anyone know if it's just a precaution or?

Might swap Ake to Stones but feels like a waste of transfer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Dean Smith confirms that Harvey Barnes is available for tomorrow’s game against Leeds, while James Maddison will train today and should also be involved.

Think I'll bank and give him another week.

Will have 2Fts for the DGW then.

I'm 98% doing similar.

Maddison/Saka & Kane to Salah & Isak. I have the Kane -> Isak move done because of price rises, just want confirmation that Salah is ok before making the move. Although price changes tonight may force me into doing it anyways. I had thought about Alvarez as he may start one of the DGW34 games, and Leeds, but it's too risky. Jota might get rotated this GW.

Is a -8 too risky? with Chilwell -> Trent being the final move. I probably do it for 34 anyways but I'm not confident that Trent outscores Chilwell by 4. I'm ahead of someone by 6 points in a ML.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I'm also doing that transfer but gonna wait until GW34 to do it. I fancy Kane to score vs United, and I also have Saka first sub this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Gonna stay without Salah for now.

Maddison/March to Rashford/Grealish

Do people think Salah or Trent is more important this week? I’ll likely have both for the double, but figuring out which one is top priority in the here and now.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Just regarding this. Consider what formation you'll play when using the 3 Brighton mids... You'll play 3-4-3 or 3-5-2, in which case you will drop one striker / one midfielder. For that reason I would consider perhaps a Brighton defender (or goalkeeper) to offer more flexibility to team formation but I am currently pondering Wildcard and haven't reviewed the fixtures in detail or what formation to play.

Edit: you may need to drop one of the Brighton mids for GW 34, but still use them for the other dgw's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

-8 is risky IMO. Liverpool defensively are shaky to try and reclaim the -4. Only have to look at Tripper to see the difference 1 meaningless goal makes and if TAA isn't involved in any goals.

Might be best to wait and do it for free.

This will be West Ham's 3rd game in 7 days, if not 6, and they have largely been playing the same team the last few games. They have got a few important wins under their belt and have a 6 point cushion now to the relegation zone. They play in the early kick off Saturday morning. Maybe this is the game that West Ham rotate in, as they want to keep important players somewhat fresher for their EC run.

Creswell seems to only be playing every second game, so Emerson probably starts this one. Coufal has started 5 games since April 8th, can he start a 6th? Pacqueta has started 5 of the 7 games in April so far, Soucek 6 and Rice 7/7. I would guess Ings starts ahead of Antonio. Does Fornals start this one instead of Bowen who is due a break or Benrahama possibly?

Salah has scored in 6 of his last 7 starts. 10 returns in those games. With the new system, he is effectively holding the width on the RHS, as Trent is more central. Now, to add to this, he was very wide on Saturday and only had 1 shot on target in the whole game, which he scored. On penalties, even if he hasn't scored any this season. Capable of a goal from nothing etc.

Trent has returned in his last 3 games but he hasn't been part of a Liverpool CS in 6 games. The period before that he had 5 CS in 6 games, so it is possible, but I think Salah has more 'control' over his own outcome. For example the Leeds go that Liverpool conceded came from a Konate mistake that wiped out 5 players CS points. Liverpool were very poor defending long throws at the weekend, and second balls at set pieces in general. I think Moyes will target this. A lot of Trent's creativity against Forest came from set pieces and I can't see West Ham being that weak defensively at set pieces. The new system has him more central and not really pinging in crosses as much but as we saw against Leeds, he can create centrally too.

Overall, factoring all of that in Salah, IMO. I think (maybe hope?!) that the West Ham rotation factor is high and that is the swaying factor for me.

• Advertisement

Yeah I was swaying towards that side too, this is the clarification I needed!

Advertisement