Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet for older person

Options
  • 22-04-2023 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi. would appreciate any suggestions for simple cheap user friendly tablet for older person.Thank you

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

"Older person" means nothing. How old? Do they use any devices at present? We're a pair of doddering OAPs using a Surface Pro and a Galaxy Tab S2. What would they be using it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Have gotten a Samsung/Android tablet for an older person. For a hundred quid more I think an iPad would have been better for them.

Why ? Just simpler, cleaner. Regular security updates ... Better hardware. They do fine on the Samsung device, but at times it's a really confusing mess.

However, not cheap. But I think it'll last much longer and have security updates for longer. Also, iPad may have gotten more expensive recently for the lower priced ones.

Edit ...

Yup iPad has gotten much more expensive for the cheapest model.

If they are too expensive then maybe one of the budget Amazon Android ones ... Also these go on sale regularly ..

If the device is going to be used rarely then no point spending a load of money ..

Can the person use a smart phone ? What have the used ... That might also decide which way to go ... I.e. iPad or Android

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

iPads are very logical to use

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭fuchia

He,s going into hospital. Not able to use smart phone. Loves tv and reading but hard of hearing. thanks for advice

• Registered Users Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

I don't think it makes any difference. You can put simple interface overlays on Android if you like.

We used both iPads and Android. Eventually both got too hard for the older person to use.

• Advertisement
Advertisement