Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast

Options
  • 21-04-2023 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

I have to meet someone in Belfast. I have travel card but not used for train. Anyone with tips for trip to Belfast? I heard about paying for first class? Can all be done online and are they strict about actual booked traintimes? I have applied for NI travel card but dont expect to use it on a short trip. Maybe stay a night....hotel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

It's several years since we travelled to Belfast on the train but as far as I remember you couldn't book online with the travel card. We had to get our tickets at the station the morning we were travelling. Don't know about first class.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭cobham

I have checked the online site and it seems I can book a ticket with travelcard and pay 10 euro top up for first class...I remember there being some hassle before and need to Q up on day of travel for a ticket even with the pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

Glad to know that you can book online now, things have changed since then, and for the good too. Enjoy your trip.

Advertisement