Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical card- GP transfer blocked

Options
  • 20-04-2023 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I have been attending a GP practice that medically gaslights me since 2019 cos it was the only place that would take me and travelling to Maynooth had become too much for me.

16 months ago I moved from Dublin 7 to Dublin 8. After a year of trying I got accepted by a lovely surgery 2 bus stops away. I was so relieved but 3 days later I got a call saying my cardhad been blocked! After hours of investigating with help from my support worker we have established that I am locked into this practice with NO exit date. I'm devastated. Been there twice this year at €35 a time only to try to sort out chronic medication and still not sorted.... can't be done on the phone. The list goes on.... they only accept same day appointments now and I have reached the point where I have anxiety attacks that prevent me from even making a call to them. Any suggestions or advice will be appreciated. If I was a dog I could get euthanasia but unfortunately it's not an option for humans.

Post edited by Spear on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This has nothing to do with boards.ie. Moved to a forum that's actually related to the topic instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭trishabon

Sorry. Haven't used Boards for a while. My bad.

Advertisement