Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ireland won't transfer my pension

Options
  • 20-04-2023 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I sent a request to New Ireland to transfer my pension funds to another provider. After one month without hearing back, I called them and was told that they sent a willing an able request to that other provider. I got in touch with that other provider, who indicated they replied to New Ireland by saying they needed a completed transfer of benefits form to proceed. I had provided that form in my letter to New Ireland. I called again New Ireland two weeks ago on April 12 and again on April 17 and was told that they would escalate this to their claim department at the highest priority, and that they would get back in touch with me within 24 hours. Which they didn't. How can I get them to do the transfer?

Post edited by Jim2007 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Make a complaint, details here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

wrong forum.

But to tag the issue with "Fraud" is just plain stupidity and may point that the issue could be your approach

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,070 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This has nothing to do with DRP. Moved to a forum that's actually related to the topic instead.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

OP moving a large amount of cash between institutions is not a simple matter and it should not be, because a mistake once made can rarely be reversed. Accordingly you will need to follow the procedures set out and do all the follow ups necessary to make it happen. There is no other way nor should there be. And that is the same for both your threads - nobody is refusing to return your funds to you, but you must follow the required procedures. And as someone else pointed out your attitude may well impact the speed at which it happens - very few people are motivated to help someone who accuses them of being criminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 brieuc

Thank you Smee_Again for the pointer!

Well I did follow the procedures. And if there's something missing, New Ireland failed to mention it the two times I called them. If they need me to do something else, they could tell me, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

Have to say, my experiences lately with banks and utility providers would lead me to agree with you. A lot of times their CS staff don't even know their own processes and cannot properly help you. You do what they think is the right process and ultimately the transaction falls on the desk of somebody else who has a different process and they reject it back to the customer. Painful. Unfortunately we have little or no choices anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

The additional problem with this type of thing is that the transferring company and the receiving company often have different requirements in order to complete the transfer. Probably what's happening here.

Yes, I confirm. I had multiple calls with them, filed a complaint as suggested earlier in this thread by Smee_Again, which resulted in email exchanges with an agent who was nice but didn't manage to move things forward.

In case someone has the same problem in the future, and needs a solution: I managed to resolve the situation by writing a certified letter with with proof of delivery to New Ireland, sent them for the second time the form that my other provider wanted filled, listing all the previous contacts, and explicitly saying that if the problem wasn't resolved quickly, I would have no choice but to escalate the matter to the Pensions Authority. That did magic, next thing I knew, the transfer was done.

Advertisement