Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breast Cancer - Hormone related types

Options
  • 19-04-2023 12:54pm

Hello,

Is anyone experienced enough to let me know what type is 'best' to get.

Triple Negative is bad because it doesn't respond to hormone treatment and is aggressive.

So, is it best to have Estrogen Receptor, Progesterone Receptor or Her2 cancer. Waiting on results I'll probably get for a loved one tomorrow. I'll be in the room with them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

Hope your loved one is keeping well, and first and foremost, good to hear you are there standing by them through this challenging time.

I’m sure you might know whether it’s ER, PR pos or neg now, HER2 etc etc, and I hope you’re not too phased by whatever it is. Just remember that diagnosis is just about giving the cancer a name, and treatment is the important part.

You can do great research into whatever type of cancer your loved one has, try the Irish cancer society website (even give them a ring, they are there to help you get to grips with helping your friend, and understanding your fears).

Most of all keep doing what you’re doing, supporting your loved one is invaluable at this time.

Thanks coffeepls,

The last day they just did more tests on the other breast and said they'd come back with a plan once they had the full results - back from a holiday to take our minds off it - expecting to get called in this Thursday... hopefully as I just want a plan to start.

Advertisement