Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonakilty Brewing Co. Are they still there?

Options
  • 19-04-2023 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭

Just hopped onto tgethe website to check out if they have annoying new and order some more beer but their site seems to be gone and their Facebook page hasn’t been updated since January.

Think my last order was maybe January so I’ll be really disappointed if they’ve shut up shop. I liked their range. It was kind of my goto beer. Not knocking them when I say it wasn’t super special but they did great east drinking beer you could kick back with. I guess their Tojo was the most interesting but I really liked the Blonde and Galley Head pale all and the smugglers porter was nice. I found it a bit light to my taste but that made it good casual drinking as well.

Prices were reasonable and they were still doing bottles which I appreciate. Delivery was prompt and good value too.

It’s one of these cases where I liked their wares more than I realised because I feel a bit sad now that they seem to be gone. I hope I’m wrong and that they’re just making changes behind the scenes. Fingers crossed. Otherwise I’ll have to savour my remaining stock and I have their winter warmer stout to look forward to. Hadn’t tried it before and someone found me a bottle.

Guys if you’re reading this and are gone out of business, sorry to hear but thanks for some great beer and some great evenings.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JoeLapira

As far as I'm aware they closed their doors last week. I used to live in Clon and drank my fair share of Tojo, such a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭squonk

Aye. That confirms my failure to contact them by mail and phone the past few days. It’s a real shame.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Don't think they are gone. We got stock directly from them only about 3 weeks ago. Maybe the distillery was closed to the public until summer season? Their Facebook page is still active too..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭squonk

It’s not tge Clonakilty whiskey or is it gin distillery. It’s the beer brewery. They’ve closed up to my best knowledge.

• Advertisement
Advertisement