Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Warranty

Options
  • 18-04-2023 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

Quick question for the people on here. I purchased a 2nd hand car two months ago from a well established and well known main dealer (obviously wont mention dealerships name) and paid a substantial amount for the car. On the sales contract it states 6 month or 10000km warranty which is absolutely fine. It’s a garage warranty from the main dealer and not an outsourced warranty.

I asked for a copy of the warranty and was told that “it’s an internal warranty, there’s no documentation”. Is this correct or am I entitled to a copy? I always thought that I should receive a written copy of a warranty when purchasing an item that comes with a warranty. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

The fact that a warranty is operative for 6 Months / 10,000km is already provided for in the contract.

You are looking for a further document that sets out more detailed terms as to how the warranty might operate? - And the garage tell you that they don’t have such a document.

No - the time to satisfy yourself as to any particular warranty terms was before you purchased the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭romaderwdcsax

I’m just wondering if a small certain issue that I’m currently having with the car is covered under the garage warranty or not.

Every other car I’ve purchased before has come with a written copy of a warranty, I’m just surprised that when I requested a written copy of the warranty on my current car that I’m being told it’s an internal warranty and there’s no documentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭cml387

Rather than quibble over the documentation why not just inform the garage of whatever problem you have and ask them to take a look.

If it's a garage as reputable as you say they should have no problem doing that.

Advertisement