Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All the Light We Cannot See [Netflix]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Wow, great trailer!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Looks beautiful.. bar Nazi's / WW2 presumably, I'm at a loss to what's going on. But a really impressive teaser!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Watched it again. It's just such a well put together trailer.

Third time and still spotted something new. There's so much going on in it.

Well done that trailer maker. Show production values look good too. If the story and direction is good, it could be big.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Book was terrific, hope they do it justice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Full trailer time. Quite a production. Interesting to see WWII through younger eyes too.

Lands on November 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Steven Knight is involved as writer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

This is good. I haven't seen an audio described trailer promoted before.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Currently at 33% on RT. Bit surprising based off the trailers etc as it seemed like it had potential but will reserve judgement

Yeah, seems to have taken a kicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Deservedly so. Watched the first two epsiodes and it's dreadful. Always difficult to transfer a book to screen but they've failed miserably, so cliche ridden that it veers into parody at times. As with much of Netflix fare it's all style over substance.

• Advertisement

I watched two episodes last weekend. Whilst not terrible, it's likely gonna end up in the "so what?" pile of shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,393 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I also loved the book but gave up on this after two episodes. The Germans all being German while Marie-Laure was so terribly terribly RP English just ruined it for me. If the actor could do an English accent then surely she could have done a French one? Or better yet, just hire a French actor.

Having seen The Zone of Interest last Friday, this version of All the Light pales in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,583 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I lived this show. Wished it had gone on longer. A well. All good things must end.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement