Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Retirement Bonds

Options
  • 17-04-2023 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

Hello,

Anybody got any experience with PRBs'? Previous compoany pension was closed and moved to PRB in another Pensions Company. Down 10% after 10 months. While my PRSA was onky down 5%. My SSIA from when i had in the UK down 5% while my current pension is slightly up. Have I any comeback against this what appears bad retrurns or is just bab luck on what it is invested in? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Poor performance is a fact of life when investing and is primary driven by how the money is allocated and the instruments held within each asset class. That plus the fees and expenses charged by the management company(s) and perhaps a fiduciary, if one is used. How your other investments are performing is irrelevant unless they have they same structure and management style and even then, it is hard to make a comparison because you also need to take the timing impact into account.

If you provide further details of what you are actually invested in, some people may be able to give you an opinion [not advice], if been 10% down is a reasonable situation to been in at this point.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Funds move at different speeds both up and down depending on many factors including risk profile/volatility.

Why would you be looking for "comeback"? We're you promised only positive returns or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Most likely it is invested in equities and favouring US equities.

Whilst the market has been steady and risen a little, the dollar has gone from a high of $0.95c back to $1.10

I notice you don't have any issue with the phenomenonal growth the pension most likely had from 2018-2021

If you check the 5 year or 10 year performance, it most likely beats the other two

Advertisement