Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blockout blinds

Options
  • 17-04-2023 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

Does anyone know what the price would be like for custom blockout blinds made and fitted for 2 windows? Just wanting an idea of what it costs before I start looking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭passatman86

Bedroom window or attic window might help with your search

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭The_Kitty

Thanks. It's mainly for the living room for watching tv. There are blinds already but need the ones for blocking out light.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

There's a place on Capel st that seemed reasonable enough. If you want a really good seal you might want to look at products that have the little grove for the edge of the blind to fit in at the wall. They are a bit fiddly but give great light protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sunshine158

If your windows are a standard size you might not need custom made ones. I bought one recently in Harry Corry and it was a perfect fit and really good. Cost less than €20! 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Even if your windows aren't a standard size you can still cut most of them to size with a sharp knife. Take your time when doing it. I recently got a 7ft blackout blind in home focus and cut it down to 195cms. Worked out perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭cobham

I paid 100 euro 5 yrs ago to have south facing bedroom window one fitted. It is a disappointment in that lot of light comes in at sides even tho fitted to edge. So best to have some overlap strip to cover.

Advertisement