Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Seattle Grunge Experience - The Grand Social 22nd April

Options
  • 17-04-2023 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭

Anyone heading to this? Covers of Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Sound Garden plus others. They have an 'all ages' dry gig with doors opening at 1pm, which I think is a pretty cool idea. Bringing the 7 & 9 year old (Nirvana obsessed pair).

Over 18's gig later that evening then.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Banzai600

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Banzai600

Great to hear kids still into this, we've a few in our friends and faimily circles who listen to grunge and metallica etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

We've tried to steer our kids into more of the music we like, so that road trip soundtracks aren't quite so painful! Nirvana really struck a chord with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Layne

Saw them in Dolans a few months back. Really good show. I think there is a real market for all age shows.

Yea, I see a good few people on Facebook asking for an all ages show in Dolan's too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Yeah, all ages gigs a great idea. Fierce hard to find gigs to bring my young lads to. Would love them in Whelan's with me, or something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Have to admit, I found this group kind of boring, dare I say! Just saw them once in Dolans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Hi - I was going to go this evening to The Grand Social, but I see it is down as sold out. If anyone has a spare ticket, I will gladly buy it. Thanks.

Good craic today. Bought ear plugs for the kids and stupidly left them at home, so we had to bring them in and out based on the popularity of the tune! Guitars/drums were really tight…lead singer has serious pipes, just the odd timing issue but definitely recommend!

Fair play to them for taking the plunge into the all ages market. Lead singer’s son was in the front row too and the band seemed to really enjoy the vibe!

Only saw your comment now flasher0030. Hope you managed to get into the gig! Thought there were a couple of tickets left for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Glad you enjoyed it.

No, didn't get ticket. There were few people in the comments section in the bands facebook page on about having tickets to spare. So I thought, great stuff - it is going to happen for me. But when I went communicating with them, they all sounded dodgy. None of them would communicate through viber (my IT skills wouldn't be great on facebook messenger). And then I got a barrage of abuse from one guy for not proceeding to buy a ticket.

Anyway, I went along to the grand social to see if I could get in. But they wouldn't let me pay at the door. Guy said to hold on for 10 mins, and he would see what he could do. But he disappeared for 20 mins, and I just left. The gig had been on for half hour at that stage. I wnt up to vicar st as there was some comedian up there. But couldn't get in there either. Went for a few pints instead.

I did see Seattle Grunge Experience before. And it was very good. It's great value for approx 25 tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Joffrey

Be great if we could get people to check out Irish grunge bands,there is a scene here that's not based in nostalgia

Any recommendations? The 'all ages' aspect of this particular gig was what really appealed, so that I could bring the kids to some live music that they recognised and could get into.

Ah well I'm totally biased I'm in one of these bands 😂 "Strangers With Guns" there is a scene though of around 12-15 bands

Personally would love to run an all ages gig just need to find the right venues and convince them we could shift the tickets

Just in case your curious here's us

Cheers Joffrey! Have found you guys on Spotify, so will have a listen on the way home!

Ah cheers man, much appreciated

You guys were the soundtrack for my morning commute (played very loud in the car) . Really good stuff. Particularly like Dial it Back, Now wait for last year and Somebody needs a hug!

You might have to drop Free Tibet from the set list of any 'all ages' gigs you're planning!!😀 Good tune though.

Are you doing any festivals this year at all?

Haha, thanks man. We got independence in Cork last year but nothing yet this year, there's a few other class bands, I'd recommend in particular "Vendetta Love" their vocalist has an incredible voice.

Cheers for taking the time to check us out man, mich appreciated

Advertisement