Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone move from Vape Kit Back to Disposable?

Options
  • 17-04-2023 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭

Has anyone moved away from full vape kits to disposable?

For years had the full set up, coils, juice, batteries

After trying to give up vapes fully I've now found myself back on the disposables

I feel with the disposables that once they are gone they are gone

Seems like a step backwards to be honest

Anyone else find themselves in this situation?

Really thought I would have given them all the boot at this stage!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

Same, I have been vaping for 10+ years, sick of all my sub-ohm setups, very hard to find one that is consistent. They all end up tasting like crap after a while. I was really surprised when I first tried disposables recently, the flavour was immense. The only downside is the cost. I have now moved over to Elfbar replaceable coils with Elfbar juice. Very similar vape to the disposables but at a fraction of the cost.

https://e-shop.ie/elf-bar-fb1000-pod-kit/p676

https://e-shop.ie/elfliq-elf-bar-nic-salts-10-bottles-deal/p766

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I started trying disposables on side for work a few months back. I would always have my 'main' mod with me - but for a quick stealth vape, that's just not an option [I mainly use DL type sub ohm tanks, usually in the 0.15 - 0.2 ohm region, 3mg freebase - cloudy!] I Started buying elf-bars and Lost Marys here and there, and before I knew it I was vaping them more than my 'main'! This became very expensive, I was spending as much now on vaping as I was on smoking [one of the many reasons I quit in the first place was to save ... both on my health but money-wise also]

I found that a disposable was only barely lasting me a day, so I had to switch it up again. I bought myself a few decent pod-kits [Xros 3 mini, Wenax M1 and a Caliburn A2] and some salt nic juices - it was a bit of an initial investment, and I had to resist urges to just pop into my local vape shop to buy a bunch of Lost Marys [I was now buying up to 8 per week!] But it's been more than worth it! Once you find a pod system with decent coils [all 3 above have] and find a juice that you enjoy [the coconut and pineapple salts I got are every bit as tasty as any disposable] you'll never blow money on a disposable again. I'm not saying you need to buy 3 like I did, I just like variety and wanted to have sufficient on me for work days - Just buy one, it'll cost you the price of 3-4 disposables to get set up initially, but then you're only spending €5 on a bottle of 20mg salt nic [or indeed freebase if you prefer, but I would go 6mg at the very least, 12mg ideally] and that one bottle contains as much liquid as 5 disposables [the '600 puff' variants]

Out of the 3 I bought I tend to prefer the Xros 3, very simple device but it's got a 1000mah battery that should last the day on a full charge - you only get the one pod but you can buy them single for €5 in most vape stores - I have mine over a week and that first pod is still rocking, great flavour. It's a toss up between the A2 and the Wenax, the A2 does come with a spare pod, flavour is decent enough [not as good as the Xros3] but the battery is only 580mah, the wenax M1 [800mah] has the tightest draw, definietly one more for strictly MTL vaping, I like the form factor [it's cyclindrical, kind of like a cigar!] I love the mouthpiece on that one, you can 'hands-free' vape as it has a rubberised piece on top that you can hold between your teeth comfortably.

All 3 I mention have disposable pods, unlike other systems where you keep the pod and only replace the coils. I see no difference tbh, you still have to buy packs of coils when your first ones dry/burn out and the cost is similar.

Honestly, give a pod kit a try at least one time, you'll save a tonne in the long run if it works for you, and a lot less litter about the place too [drives me mad seeing the stickers from disposables all over bins, like how lazy are people these days!? grrr]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Just to add to the above, for anyone who really loves those elf bars and Lost Mary disposables, Elfbar now have their range of salts in bottle form for all pods. I've tried the strawberry kiwi, blueberry, Peach ice and cherry cola so far and in any old pod device they taste just like the disposable version. It works out a lot cheaper too once you have a pod device obviously] €5 for 10ml which equates to 5x elfbars - which at best you'll get 3 for €20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Tried the Elf bars and found myself liking them too much,buying about 4 a week so I ditched that option pretty quick. Got myself a Drag X and Aspire BP80 pod kits. Love them , especially the BP80,great coils, good battery life and discreet.

Still have all my RTA'S and mods but really only use them at the weekend when I can sit back and enjoy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

Does it hiss and crackle when you inhale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,867 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

+1 on the XROS 3, just recommended it in the other thread, anyone who asks me about getting off disposables will be getting recommended this from now on. Must try some of these Elf juices now.

Do you just replace the entire pod? There is no coil? And it still takes regular juice?

Any help appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 17,867 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The whole pod, they last about a month under pretty heavy use.

Cheers for that, do they make any noticeable sounds?

What Ohm would you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Dump the disposables and get an Oxva Xlim kit with some elfliq (offical elf bar liquid). Xlim is by far the best pod kit I have used, long last coils, great flavour and doesn't leak a drop of liquid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Was fed up with the amount I was spending on Elf Bars/LMs and the like (going through 1 a day, often more), so followed this advice on the off-chance that the fabled 'kit/liquid as good as Elfs' actually existed.

I was prepared to be disappointed, but am happy to confirm that rob316s post is, in my opinion, completely true. Oxva with decent liquids (Hales Pro-Salts for me) is almost the same as Elfs and suchlike, for a fraction of the week-to-week running cost after the initial investment.

(No commercial interest in case this reads like an ad !)

Advertisement