Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5g router signal

Options
  • 16-04-2023 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi everyone, I have a Huawei 5g cpe pro 3 (H138-380) with a 3 SIM PAYG.

I have a very bad signal indoor in B1 (-109dBm) with the mast at 640m from my house. I did a test in the back garden the other day, it's around 10m above the roof of the house with the mast in sight, the signal went up to -78/-80dBm with speeds up to 800mb.

I was wondering if anyone ever tried to put the router outside for a better signal, like in a weather proof electric box, and cascade connect it to a WiFi router inside through an ethernet cable.

Anyone tried this?

Thank you

Post edited by Spear on

Answers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,064 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This has nothing to do with Feedback. Moved to a forum that's related to the topic instead.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

put it in the window

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mastro89

I tried that, it doesn't help much unfortunately

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

it depends on the where in the window and what windows - if you have an upstairs put it upstairs n window . try moving it about slightly and get a stronger signal and run speedtests . with smaller modems up against the window helps aswell .

Advertisement