Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB smart meter data script

Options
  • 15-04-2023 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

I spent a few hours yesterday (with the help of ChatGPT 🙈) writing a script that downloads my latest smart meter stats from ESB. I have an EV that I charge overnight at home, and I wanted to keep track of our electricity usage. It was also convenient to figure out what electricity provider can offer the cheapest rates based on usage patterns.

Here's my script https:// gist.github .com/schlan/f72d823dd5c1c1d19dfd784eb392dded

I run it once a day on a Raspberry PI and store the received data in an InfluxDB. For now, the script is working, but there's no guarantee that it will continue working in the future.

I hope it's useful for some,

Sebastian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

This is great thank you for this.

I don’t have solar so should I leave the code as is and divide usage by 2 ?

Advertisement