Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help to Buy 2023

Options
  • 15-04-2023 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

Is there any Help to Buy application processed this year. I've applied for the claim and got the message that the refund will be processed in due course. But it is almost 15 working days and the refund is not processed. Have anyone got into similar situation?

Have added an enquiry in the revenue and waiting for 2 weeks and no response yet.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Just out of curiosity when did you apply? We applied in February, and sent a follow up enquiry at the end of March but haven't heard anything back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 iamanewuser

Did you applied for the claim? My claim got approved on 22nd of March but still no refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭poker2k9

Help to buy is paid to the developer FYI. You should receive an access code & claim code when making the claim by uploading your signed sales contract & mortgage offer letter. The access & claim code is then used by the developer to confirm receipt of HTB funds.

Hi, I meant the claim is verified by the builder solicitor and got the message from the revenue stating that the claim is approved and the refund will be processed in due course.

Its more than 3 weeks now but the builder didn’t received the funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭poker2k9

Ah I see what you mean. That's interesting, my developers didn't wait to receiving the funds, they prob anticipated it'll take time so all they asked for was the access and claim code to verify the claim.

• Advertisement

Ahh ok! But do you’ve any idea when they received the funds?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

I'd imagine it depends on how many payments they have to process at any given time. Your developer might have a better idea than anyone as chances are they've been paid out from it before. As far as I know they're usually happy to proceed with your access number and application number confirming approval.

You could give Revenue a call either, they're always very helpful on the phone and will do as much as they possibly can.

Edit: Typo

Beverly Hills, California

Thank you

My developer just told that they’ll usually get the funds in 5 working days and in my case they’re not sure and asked me to check with the revenue.

I made an enquiry with the revenue and awaiting response and I tried to reach them over the phone but it seems HTB queries won’t be answered over the phone and that is a separate department.

Hoping for the positive response and thank you for the answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

Best of luck anyway, hopefully you won't be waiting too long.

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sandrary

Hey

I am in the exact same situation as you at the moment. The builder has only received a small portion of our HTB claim. They said it is very common and I’ve raised an enquiry to revenue regarding it.

I’m just wondering how did you get on with it? Were you waiting long?

thank you

• Advertisement
Advertisement