Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asking about Capital Acquisitions Tax (CAT)

Options
  • 14-04-2023 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Dear all,

In the citizens information website. https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/tax/capital_taxes/capital_acquisitions_tax.html?fbclid=IwAR0elvpFR8GnNhlM8_4m_LzXPIAfPU5XKlroZ1yY0l3c0GBLTot3QFV6Ogg

They said about an exemption from CAT: "The first €3,000 of the total value of all gifts received from any one person in any calendar year is exempt. So, you could receive a gift from several people in the same calendar year and the first €3,000 from each person is exempt from CAT. This exemption does not apply to inheritances".

They didn't say clearly that how many gifts and people I can receive in a year with CAT exemption.

It means that in a calendar year, I can receive 100 gifts from any 100 people with a gift from each person and €3,000 for each gift (with CAT exemption), can't I?

Thanks,

Comments

Advertisement