Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wardrobe material?

Options
  • 14-04-2023 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Does anyone have any clue what material is glued onto my wardrobes, I want to paint them. Am I nuts?!! The coating is lifting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Perks

It's a laminate. Retack down the ones that are complete but lifting with a spray adhesive and remove the cracked ones. I'm old school and use shellac primers on surfaces like this. It's fairly potent stuff, probably waterbased primer option available now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Porridge21

Too, you have the option of removing all the laminate and painting the wood under it

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Porridge21

In fact you could probably ask around a few local carpenters could they revamp these by removing all the laminate and then have them re sprayed by a professional spray painter as they most likely have a close partnership with such people. Alternatively, you could do it yourself and get them professionally re sprayed as the wood is most likely perfect and definitely reusable. Too, you can buy laminate in your local hardware store (B&Q, Woodies or similar but small business place in industrial estates are probably cheaper) then the lamitate can be put on with a hot iron that you use to iron your clothes. YouTube video’s have many tutorials on how to this DIY

Advertisement