Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seai warmer homes negative experience

Options
  • 14-04-2023 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

i recently availed of the warmer homes grant with the seai and have had a very negative experience. I Was wondering if anyone else has had any issues whilst construction workers carried out the work on the house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,300 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

In what way?

Costs, quality of work, time scale or what?

Did you use a one stop shop?

In my own opinion, the entire seai grant aid system is a scandal. Prices being quoted are basically eating up all the grant when compared to none grant work. There will probably be an enquiry in the future about how all this public money was spent with less than a handful of companies involved as one stop shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 reillyjames

The case is still being looked into so I can’t say too much, but I am out of my house for over two months and I can’t move back in. Something happened whilst they were working that ended up in leaks, and you can’t turn on the heating system now without it leaking. I availed of the grant as the house is really cold but now I’m left far worse than I started and they move onto the next house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

I truly feel for you, tradesmen don’t give one F these days & the lads there getting for Labour don’t give one F either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,736 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

sounds like your issue is not with the SEAI so?

I’m not sure who it’s down to tbh

• Advertisement

It’s awful and seems to be quite common as they are in demand. If I had the money to fix it myself I would.

I just want to let others know to think it through before going ahead.

Advertisement