Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Order cancelled by merchant

Options
  • 13-04-2023 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello,

I made a purchase on a online health food store based in Ireland during a sale they had,

the order went through on the 5th of April and I got a order confirmation email last week, today over a week later they cancelled my order and said they are going to refund me.

i see the product is still in stock on their website but now back to the normal price, it was on sale for over three weeks and I already had one separate order delivered.

is the seller in breach of our contract by cancelling the order and can I insist in the order being fulfilled?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

No breach of contract, and no.

Poor customer care practices, but no way to force them to supply. Find somewhere else to shop and don't give them business again.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭apkmbarry

Def could leave a review advising others of their practises though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

supplier probably subsidised the promotion. All reduced stock the supplier provided sold out.

That's the most likely scenario.

Most retail promotions on regular stock items are supplier led and they will apply a certain level of stock to the promotion.

Advertisement