Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Penguin HBO MAX

Options
  • 13-04-2023 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭

This looks top tier, and Colin Farrell is great here, will be out next year.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,849 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Bit of a weird choice to include a clip with a big boom mic and camera crew in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

Colin Farrell is literally unrecognisable there. Probably more so than any actor I can think of in a role.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Now in production.

Literally the first line you see on screen.

Think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,849 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I know that....but it still takes you out of the trailer or "featurette" imo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

My big question will be how far into the batman world this might dip; cos you'd have to imagine certain characters are gonna get ring-fenced for potential movies, so won't/can't be touched. And if the show sticks with this more brooding realistic angle, we may forget characters like Killer Croc or Clayface appearing.

Same with the Bat in the Room, and incidents that might cause a viewer to reasonably wonder where batman was when this happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭eggy81

Any chance it would have a similar range of characters as Gotham. Even first few seasons of Gotham where the focus was on the mafia families would make a decent show.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cristin Milioti is Sofia Falcone

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I believe this is another victim of the strike, with production closed down.

First trailer popped up for this; honestly you tell me this is set in the Batman universe, I'd not believe it bar knowing this was 'aul Oswald.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,295 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Clancy Brown is always worth watching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm getting Tony Soprano vibes, wouldn't recognise Colin

Said it already but dead curious how this will thread the bat needle; might just decide to be a mob show set in the batman world and that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,667 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Unlike some of the other more recent spin-offs from the Batman universe, this once actually looks interesting. I'm not really into most of the superhero stuff generally but this is one I might watch.

I was never a fan of the Tim Burton/DeVito take on the Penguin myself. This looks far better (admittedly solely based on the above teaser) if they keep that same realistic/gritty tone.

Advertisement