Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Craig Breen, RIP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

Never met the man, but loved following him. His love of the sport was incredibly infectious. May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,809 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Absolutely horrific news. Just awful. A wonderful fella and the leading ambassador for Irish rallying globally.

I'm heartbroken to have heard this just a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭markw7

Rest in peace Craig, if Heaven exists they better have stocked up on tea.

Such a pity he didn't manage to win his last rally in Sweden.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭kksaints

Dreadful news.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

A very sad day for Irish motorsports.

Condolences to his family and friends.

May he rest in peace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Unbelievable news so sad RIP such a talented driver!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Such sad news. Condolences to Craig’s family, friends and team.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭.red.

RIP Craig.

Only the good go young.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭GavPJ

RIP Craig.

Awful news. Had the talent to be another Irish person to be World Champion in their chosen sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭CWMMC

Shocking news. May he Rest in Peace. You wouldn't think tragic events like this could still happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Very sad news. RIP Craig.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Clicked into the thread thinking it was about how he was doing in the championship this year or something like that. Shocked to hear he’s gone. RIP Craig. Thoughts go out to his family. 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Such sad news to hear today. Craig was a shining light in the world of motorsport and an Irish Ambassador on the Worldwide Motorsports Stage. He devoted his whole life to rallying and was destined to go all the way. Sadly we will never know how high he could have gotten.

Its also sad that Craigs idol and the driver he longed to be like, the late Frank Meagher died in almost the same circumstances some years back.

RIP Craig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

That is sad to hear. He was going so well in Sweden recently. Had plenty in front of him.

Post edited by Arthur Daley on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Really sad news to see. We punch above our weight when it comes to international motorsports and he really went above that level in WRC.

Thoughts to his family and friends, I can't imagine what they are going through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Totally shocking, he was such a talented and really likeable guy who has been a success in tough sport on the global stage

I love motorsport but on days like this I also hate it most of all the sports I follow seeing so many like Craig over the years lose their lives too soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Huge loss to Irish motorsport and the WRC. Felt like things were heading in the right direction for him. Very sad news, RIP Craig.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I am completely numbed after reading the RTÉ link about Craig Breen's tragic outcome today. I had watched him on the WRC highlights programme and on the TG spin off Extra Gear on the BBC over the years.

I had been extremely proud of him in making himself an ambassador for Irish Rally drivers in motorsport on the World stage for a very long time.

This tragic crash in Croatia is a heartbreaking story for his fans everywhere and especially for his family. They are mourning a hero who was a dedicated sportsman.

May he Rest in Peace. 😥

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I was truly shocked to hear the news yesterday, I couldn't believe it. He was a fantastic ambassador for Irish motorsport, especially when often times the only time you hear about motorsport in the mainstream media is in a negative light - but he represented Ireland and the sport so well. I was looking forward to seeing what he could do this year with his career, it was shaping up to be a great season for him. Loved his end of stage quick interviews where he would be buzzing and just pure Irish in his phrases and expressions! My thoughts are with his family, his friends and the Irish and international motorsport community. From reading the many tributes to him online last night, he was certainly a very liked and well respected man, a testament to his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭whats_my_name

I am beyond devastated at this news...the man personified everything that was good about motorsport, just heartbroken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I’ve been following Craig since the Fiesta Trophy days. I never got the chance to meet him but from all the messages going around he seems to have been one of the good guys. I always loved the idea of a young Irish driver having success in the WRC. As I guy who also can’t hide his emotions to see his smile in Sweden after a tough 2022 was so good. Rallying was and still is to some extent a big sport in Ireland. He was a great ambassador to have on the world stage.

I’m genuinely finding this hard, I can’t even begin to imagine how his family and friends are feeling.

A nice little tribute video here

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sheener287

Followed Craig throughout his career and was always rooting for him. This year was going to be special until he was taken to early. RIP Craig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

He's exactly the same since he was a young lad as you see in all his interviews/videos over the years, what you see is what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭.red.

That's a lovely video.

The only time he's not smiling is when he's crying with pure emotion after achieving his first podium.

Advertisement