Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rider Insurance

Options
  • 12-04-2023 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Looking for some updated information on Rider Insurance for my child. He will be loaning a horse and trying to figure out what is the best policy to have.

I looked at the Supporter Membership on Horse Sport Ireland. I don't ride myself but this seems like it would be the policy best suited - I purchase the policy and add him as family member. This policy allows you to ride other horses if you don't own your own horse.

Does anyone have any advice on this or any other policies? As a complete novice Am I missing anything with this policy?

Also anything else I should be aware of when loaning a pony?

Thanks J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 climbbroccoli

Hello I'm in the same boat. I don't ride horses myself but my child does ride other people's horses. I'm looking at the Supporter Membership on HSI also. Just wondering if you went for it in the end or found another option?

I will never ride a horse myself so it seems a bit wasteful just to get my child insured.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

No matter what kind of fun activity you want to do in this country

You must always pay your penance to the super rich in return for being allowed to have that bit of fun in the form of insurance.

Advertisement