Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled flight -less than 24hours notice.

Options
  • 12-04-2023 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

Our flight from JFK to Dublin was cancelled yesterday with only 14hours notice. We were re routed to CDG Paris and then Dublin as an alternative. Flight left JFK for CDG at almost the same time as our original scheduled flight but we got to Dublin over 6hours later than our original flight schedule. I could not get hold of an aer lingus rep so we accepted the new flights. Few questions if anyone can help:

1. How do we know the reason for the fight cancellation? The email from Aer lingus did not specify
    2. If the reason was something in Aer Lingus' control, I assume we can apply for compensation under EU Regulation 261/2004. As we landed later than original flight and the distance was greater than 3500, I think this compensation is €600 per head. Is that right?
    3. Are we also entitled to get that leg of the journey refunded as well as costs incurred at the CDG layover (party of 5 and kids had to eat).

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement