Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Continental - John Wick Universe.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I dunno... looks like their might be some violence and guns in this show 🤔

😀

• Registered Users Posts: 85,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 60,370 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Trailer

Start’s September 22nd

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Was it always called that? Awful subtitle!

No it’s been changed a few different times from what I’ve seen and I this version of it the worst I’ve seen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The sub title stinks of marketing worried people won't give it a look if it didn't lampshade the John Wick connection hard enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,213 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

that trailer looks ridiculous. I can't watch.

It says it is on Peacock. any idea what streaming service will show it here?

It was originally to be on Starz and then Starz sold it to Peacock but not sure if that includes Peacock here as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just like how "Pennyworth" was marketed for season 3 to "Pennyworth: The Origin of Batman's Butler".

Haven't watched so don't know if they actually have that in the title screen.

It's on Amazon Prime UK here.

• Advertisement

First episode out now.

Will watch it over the weekend.

Enjoyed that opening episode and good to see Katie McGrath as The Adjudicator who has a great look.

The 70's style works.

A feature lenght episode at 90 minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

A nice 90m intro, I enjoyed that a lot.

A good second episode nicely setting up the final episode next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,213 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The best part of the opening episode was the soundtrack

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭Homelander

This is much better than I expected it to be. It has the John Wick acrobatics and gunplay, though slightly less extreme and ridiculous, but the actual meat is actually a step on on JW. And the soundtrack is killer.

Looking forward to the finale, which I had not realised was the finale until just now. It is kinda cool how they made movie length episodes rather than split them all up into 45 minutes.

Has to be up there with The Purge for being one of the most unlikely franchises stemming from a low budget first feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭Homelander

So watched the finale and it as absolute carnage in the best possible way.

There was the trademark wick-esque gunplay, but surprisingly the show does a decent job of making you care about the characters.

10/10, honestly, not that it's that perfect, but hugely entertaining and it massively exceeds what I expected of it. I can't imagine anyone could expect anything more of a spin-off of John Wick.

A cracking mini series from start to finish and it and a great way to stay in the Wick universe without actually being based around John Wick.

Looking forward to the Ballerina now as the next installment.

Yep. I guess I would say it was an unnecessary but highly enjoyable series.

I was trying to do the math to figure out if we could've got John as a kid.

That was a very flexible assassin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Watched the first episode of this and hey, wasn't half bad really. Bit odd having a John Wick esque feature involve so much dialogue and plot, but the action when it was doled out was pretty crunchy and effective. Wonder what this cost cos I'd not say this had the smell of "Television" of it at all.

So far Mel Gibson just seemed to be a famous face to stomp about, think he had one scene with the actual main character, otherwise knocks about in that "we had him for these days" sort of way.

Advertisement