Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MaXXXine [sequel to X, Pearl]

Options
  • 12-04-2023 3:20pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭

So X was a gory slasher; Pearl a psychological thriller; where does that leave this, the third Ti West / Mia Goth film that follows X's Maxine - so who knows where things go? Honestly if it's "just" another slasher film I'll be a bit disappointed, 'cos Pearl truly was a fantastic surprise and genuine deviation from the prior film's own tonal direction.

In any case, filming apparently started on this, so given how fast the last two movies got made I doubt we'll be waiting too long...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,850 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

• Registered Users Posts: 18,913 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Have to say, I kinda have very little interest in this, even if I thought 'Pearl' was excellent. But that short teaser trailer is a work of genius. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Will be making the effort to see this. If nothing else the soundtrack should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

I was pretty unimpressed with X but Pearl is one of my favourite horrors in year.

Advertisement