Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partners Son -How to approach this

Options
  • 12-04-2023 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all, bit of a dilemma that hopefully someone might be able to give me pointers on. I have been with my partner for almost 4 years, living together for 2 years. Recently I got a suspicion someone was urinating in the wash hand basins in the home. I started seeing yellow stains, odour and the occasional pubic hair. Turns out its her teenage son who is doing this, I saw him a while ago through a not fully closed door and since have checked the sink every time he has used the toilet, plus I never hear a flush.

I don’t know how to bring this to my partners attention without hurting her feelings, apart from it being disgusting it’s not normal behaviour for a 16 year old and if it was my son I’d like to know so I could look into the reason why. Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Girl Geraldine

You should tell his mother and she can deal with him.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Mod - Moved to Parenting where it is more suited.

Local charter now applies.

Hilda

• Registered Users Posts: 13 howdoyoudo2103

This is what I want to do but I don’t know how to approach it sensitively

• Registered Users Posts: 17,503 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Tell the mother and leave it up to her to deal with it. Don't deal with it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 howdoyoudo2103

I think the point of my post has already been lost, I don’t want to or intend to deal with it myself, I just want to bring it to his mothers attention but not sure how!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,343 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

If OP is male, then he's 'man of the house' and also in a position to advise. Be very surprising if the lad's mother isn't aware of this pretty strange behaviour, maybe there was some issues years ago when he a toddler and learning to pee in the toilet and wetting the floor. What happens when he's out or in school etc? You can't just find a handy wash basin without being noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,343 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Well in that case, you just raise it - "I noticed this or that and wonder does 'Johnny' have a bit of a problem here. What can we do to help him?"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Yeah, I think you just raise it when you have a chance to speak privately - "look I noticed this seems to be going on, what do you think we could do to help?"

Advertisement