Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to stop German Shepard pulling and lunging.

Options
  • 10-04-2023 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭

I have a 1 year old GSD. Very strong. Lovely dog. Playful. Never been socialized.

When I go for a walk she pulls like a truck and lunges at cars and people and bkes sometimes. Not in a nasty way bit playfully.

This 'playfulness' is not appreciated by people understandably.

I wait on the path as cars pass by until she calms down . When she pulls and pulls I hold her back on the lead and wait until she stops and when there is no tension on the lead off I go again.

All to no avail. She still pulls and lunges. It is getting to the point where I am too exhausted with the idea of constantly holding her back until she ca;ms dpown that i am beginning to skip walks with her.

Any solid practical advice as to how to stop her pulling, lunging at everything. Any tips to share that may work?

Comments

Advertisement