Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32” Sony Trinitron - skip or any use?

Options
  • 10-04-2023 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi,

have an old one of these (widescreen, heavy to move). Are they of any use for retro stuff before I scrap it?

thanks..

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,479 ✭✭✭Inviere

I'm sure someone would want it, it's a Trinitron after all. Be a shame to see it skipped. What's its location?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭depadz

Hi,

dublin 6w area.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

If it's in full working order and does RGB Scart I'd definitely take that off your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,456 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Definitely would do RGB scart alright.

Would be good to check to see if it's a 100hz set though before you take it as if it is, if it is they're no good for 240p games (post processing/interlacing) and don't support lightguns.

Be good to get the model number and look it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭depadz

see attached. It is working and was in daily use up to a few months ago. No remote control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,456 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yep, that's a 100hz CRT from what I can see online.

Won't be great for anything pre PS2 era games as it won't give a 240p image. So will automatically turn the NES, SNES, Megadrive and right up to the PS1 era into 480i interlaced. This will also introduce lag. And it won't work with lightgun games.

On the plus side though, any consoles that do 480i, so the PS2 and on, will look really great as they were designed for that era of TV.

I know MrVestek is mad into his Dreamcast, that would look beautiful on it.

It's actually a really brilliant TV with a lot of features, just not really designed for older consoles pre PS2 era.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ahh ok yeah, I didn't realise it was 100Hz. If light guns don't work on it then that's a dealbreaker for me I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Advertisement