Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fairyhouse Easter Festival/Irish Grand National

Options
  • 09-04-2023 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

Terrible news today with the fatal injury to Mighty Potter. Awful to see and condolences to all his connections.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Grand National tomorrow will be a hard race to solve,30 runners over a marathon trip of 3 miles 5 furlongs on soft ground will make this puzzle hard to solve.

Books go 6 places in general,Elliott has 8 runners,Mullins has 3 and many will expect the winner to come from these two but we should remember they have only trained two winners between them in the last 20 years and punters should keep that in mind.

I have not really looked at the race but I will now and see If i can suggest a couple with chances at a reasonable price,hope other boards punters do the same.

Post edited by zimmermania on

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Of the ones at the head of the market, I think STUMPTOWN has to have his chance. Ran very well in the Kim Muir last time out over 3m 2f and is in here off a featherweight of 10st. We’ve seen six-year-olds win this in recent times in Burrows Saint among one or two others. Horses with less than 11st definitely seem to have an advantage in this race — Our Duke in 2017 the last horse to carry over 11st to victory and you have to go back to Commanche Court in 2000 for the last before that.

I think he will be my main bet in the race. Might try and look though to find something that could run well at a higher price, as Zimmermania alluded to above.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Only one horse has carried more than 11 stone in the last twenty years and horses aged 7,8 or 9 have the best record with younger horses having the edge.

Chemical Energy won 2 novice chases and then ran well in 2nd at the Cheltenham festival and has a chance and aged 7 can improve again.

Angels Dawn has been running well in staying chases and won lto,before that fell at Punchestown two out when he looked like being involved in the finish but it was too soon to be sure.

Strumpetown is only 6 but is well handicapped with Angels Dawn andcould run well despite his age.

I backed CHAMPAGNE PLATINUM AT 33/1 ew 6 places having missed 50s and 40s this evening,from a small yard who can lay one out the horse ran very well lto when 4th at Punchestown only put into the race late and running on well.

Ran well in this last year,finishing 8th.owned by J P and well handicapped with Angels Dawn,is a reasonable bet ew at a big price.

Post edited by zimmermania on

REAL STEEL is one who seems interesting at 40/1. Won a big 3m handicap chase at Leopardstown two starts ago in December on yielding ground. Could be some question marks over this longer trip of course but he seemed one of the more interesting of the bigger-priced runners for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,637 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The Goffer 25-1 ew

Real Steel 33-1 ew

Native Milan 80-1 ew

Busselton 40-1 ew

Now Where Or When 20-1 ew

Tenzing 22-1 ew

My picks for the I.G.N

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭muloc

No real opinion on this one

Busselton e/w and defi bleu e/w just for the interest

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The current favourite for the Irish Grand National 2024 is Nick Rockett which is trained by Willie Mullins and owned by Stewart and Sadie Andrew

I am tempted to have a e/w bet on Yeah Man

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭beeker1

I'd love to see what longshotvalue (Aidan O Hara) tips , he gave some outstanding tips for Cheltenham , he's behind a pay wall now , he gave some good ones , stellar notion @ 33/1 ! As they say , if you're good at something don't do it for free !

Presume you mean Stellar Story in the Albert Bertlett. It was a good pick alright. I used to keep an odd eye on Aidan’s picks on Twitter before he was behind a paywall, and he had some big ones. He had a huge Royal Ascot last year if I remember correctly, but there were some huge priced winners over the week.

Keeping the faith with JADE DE GRUGY today in the 2:35. I thought she seemed to run out of room and ended up in a bad position on the far side of the track at Cheltenham which did her chances no help whatsoever in the Mares’ Novices’ Hurdle a few weeks back. If she’s none the worse from the quick turnaround, I think she can make amends today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭del roy

15:35, Fairyhouse
    Fergal O'Brien
    Springtime Promise
    Dec Odds: 17.5 (BetFair Exchange)
    Springtime Promise is on a five-timer- two points and then unbeaten in three for us over hurdles. She won the Jane Seymour at Sandown last time so deserves a crack at this. She's in great form and will love the heavy ground but competition from the home team is intense. Each-way hopes and certainly value price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ballabriggs

5.00 where’s Frankie ew

Post edited by ballabriggs on

Advertisement