Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Used cars for €15k & under

Options
  • 09-04-2023 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Ideally diesel and no older than 2013. Reliability and being able to resell easy enough in a couple of years are the main focus points. I was looking at VW golfs (there's a few with a dealer warranty from main dealer garages for 14k-15.5k 2015/2016 models with mileage under 180,000km.) Any other recommendations, or cars to avoid? I've had VW golfs, Audi and Skoda in the past so my experience is mainly with German manufactured cars.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

What’s your weekly/monthly mileage like? Lots of short trips or do you do long journeys too?

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Maestro23

Approx 300km per week and mainly motorway driving. Wouldn't say their long journeys, less than an hour each time!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,759 ✭✭✭✭elperello

You could put the Octavia in the mix but beware of ex taxis.

Corolla or Focus worth a look too.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭[Steve]

+1 for Focus. Have a 2015 1.6 diesel myself. Getting about 950-1000km on full tank, thats with 174k on it. Cheap and straightforward to service it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If your looking at the Focus then look at the newer 1.5 diesel over the older 1.6 diesel. The 1.5 is a bit more refined and better on fuel.

Have a look at the Renault Megane too, 15k should get you a 2017 model.

• Advertisement
Advertisement