Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opel Insignia owners - Back seat width

Options
  • 07-04-2023 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I've googled it for many hours, many times and there is nothing out there to tell me the answer. Does anyone know the width of the back seat of a 2011/2012 Opel Insignia?

Like many car dealers I've dealth with, many are going to laugh at this but I'm looking for a 5 seater car that can fit 5 people since I need to fit the 3 kids in the back seat. None of the kids unfortionatly are the size of a brush handle and I'd prefer if they are not on top of each other :-)

Car dealers have laughed at me saying that if I need to fit 5 people into a car then I need to buy a 7 seater and any 5 seater cars out there that fit 5 people are expensive and sell like hotcakes. Looking for a 11/12 year old car that won't fail to quick but will fit 5 comfortably

Thank you!

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Two approaches(whichever is less hassle 🤣 ) you can take, before someone will measure theirs and reply:

1.Take tape measure to car dealers

2.Take your kids to car dealers

Other than that, taking that exterior of the car is ~1856mm and max trunk width ~1451mm, i hazard to guess seat is no more than 1450, but no less than my passat .

Dont forget that seat is on arches, so the very corner of the seat will be less (trunk width min(at arches??) ~1060 ) see here

comparison: Passat(B7) - exterior width 1820, rear seat measured ~1350mm widest, ~1110 at arches, ~1400 door-to-door at seat level, rear shoulder room ~1491mm, trunk at arches ~1000

• Registered Users Posts: 2 paddykav3320

Thank you very much @smuggler.ie hopefully someone can confirm those measurements 🙂 so I dont have to drag the kids down to the dealers 👍

Advertisement