Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlords

Options
  • 06-04-2023 5:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi.

Im a home owner -( no mortgage ).. Im moving to Spain and id like to rent my house.. Is this a bad idea in the current housing market ? Would it be better to sell ?

Id like to rent if possible but id be concerned if i did tenents wouldn't leave if i wanted to return in a couple of years .

Im just concerned i could be walking into lot of trouble if i rented out my house in the housing crisis as it is ?..

Any info be appreciated.

Thanks.

Post edited by Spear on

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

Keep a room in the house. Use it to stay in while you are back visiting thus making it a licence situation as opposed to L&T. You probably won’t qualify for rent a room scheme as you won’t be tax resident? It’s the only way to feasibly let a property in this country if you are a single property landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 scoughla

I have a 2 bed apartment which was rented now my son is moving in for college can I rent the other room??

Advertisement