Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I do my Citizenship Application early? (i.e. spending 4.5 years here)

Options
  • 06-04-2023 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi All,

I currently work and live in Ireland for over 1500 days in past 9 years, and preparing to apply for citizensip.

As you may know, you need to spend 1825+ days in past 9 years. however due to the long waiting period I know you can apply for Stamp 1 or Stamp 4 earlier.

I am curious if I can apply for citizenship right now? Or I should wait until I fulfilled the full 1825 days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The risk is that they will do superficial checks, see that you have insufficient days and reject the whole application without looking at the substance of it. It would be useful for you to get proper advice.

However, do start collecting all the documents that you will need.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Proceedings

Will do and I am already seeking professional help - sadly its in high demand. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭dennyk

Assuming you aren't a UK or EU national, you'll need to include a printout of the residency calculator tool with your application. The tool bases its calculations on the current date, and if the results don't show that you had sufficient residency at the time you used the tool, your application will be rejected automatically, even if you would have sufficient residency by the time your application is actually being processed. As such, you'll need to wait until you have the required residency before you actually send in your application, so that you can include the results from the calculation tool that show you have the required reckonable residence.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Proceedings

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. It's best to wait. Many thanks!

Advertisement